What data do I collect?
I collect the following data:
- Personal identification information, such as (and not limited to) your name, email address, mailing address and payment information.
- Information about the item you are ordering and/or commissioning from me.
- Your dress measurements, which must be provided upon placing a commission.
- Social media screen names and/or handles, if you choose to contact me or tag me via social media platforms.
How do I collect your data?
You directly provide me with most of the data I collect. I collect and process your data when:
- You place an order for any of the products on my website.
- Place a commission via email, social media or this website.
- Register for my newsletter.
- Interact with or tag me on social media platforms.
- Provide feedback about a product or service via social media or email.
How will I use your data?
I collect your data so that I can:
- Process your order or commission.
- Provide my services to fulfil your order or commission.
- Provide customer service or settle disputes.
- Email you with news or new products on my website.
- Comply with any legal claims.
When I process your order, your data will also be sent to or used by Shopify and/or PayPal, for which I am not liable, and you agree to this when using my website and/or placing an order through it.
How do I store your data?
I store your personal data only for as long as necessary to provide you with my services. I store it securely via Privacy Shield which protects all correspondence on social media and email, as well as payment platforms.
I also keep secure paper copies of your personal data and dress measurements for commissions at my place of work (my house) using an Order Book system. I keep these details on file to aid with future commissions you might place.
I will keep this data for four years. Once this time period has expired, I will delete your data by destroying my paper copies and deleting any stored online data and/or correspondence.
I would like to send you information about my new products or services, that I think you might like, via my newsletter.
If you have agreed to receive my newsletter, you can always opt out at a later date.
I may share your personal information in certain conditions, such as:
- I sell or merge my business. Your information may be disclosed as part of the transaction, but only to the extent permitted by law.
- I am asked to comply by the law in the following situations: (i) in response to legal process or governments requests; (ii) to help prevent and investigate illegal and fraudulent activity; (iii) to protect the rights and safety of my customers, clients or others: or (iiii) in enforcement of my terms and conditions and policies.
What are your data protection rights?
I would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protections rights. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain conditions. Every user or customer is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data from me. I may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that I complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to ask that I erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object processing: You have the right to object to my processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that I transfer the data that I have collected to another company or organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me at my email: email@example.com
How to contact me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Kitty Lou Vintage, am the data controller of your personal information.
Alternately, you can mail me at:
Kitty Lou Vintage, 37 Linton Heath, Linton, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE12 6PD.