Terms and Conditions
Below are my T’s & C’s of placing a commission. They might sound strict, but it is in both mine and the customer’s best interests to oblige to these. This way we both have a pleasant experience and everyone goes home happy.
Placing a Commission
- I operate on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. If you need a commission for a specific date, it is advisable that you get in contact as soon as possible to avoid disappointment, as I book up quickly. I will not change around other commissions to accommodate yours – this is unfair to other customers who have placed an order before you.
- Upon placing a commission, I require a deposit of £25 to secure your slot. This is payable by PayPal or bank transfer. I then ask for a further deposit of 50% of the total price quoted, one month prior to the booked slot. This will be used to cover the purchase of the materials needed to complete your order. The rest of your balance is payable before I begin work on your commission and must be paid in full by the date your slot begins. If you have not provided me with a deposit by the time your slot comes around or I am ready to begin work, your order will be cancelled.
- I will be in contact one month before starting your commission. This time is essential to me in the case of having to source patterns, fabrics or anything else required for your order.
- Once a commission has been placed, it cannot be changed or added to without my approval and I must be notified in plenty of time. If I do not think that there is sufficient time to complete any changes or additions, then I reserve the right to refuse your revisions.
- Quotes on commissions are subject to change in the instance of a change or addition being made to any part of the commission, and this increase in cost must be paid or the order cancelled.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide me with accurate and up to date measurements that I require for their commission. I provide diagrams to help with the process, but if you are struggling, I am more than happy to advise. However, I do not accept responsibility if a commission does not fit. (Please see Returns and Refunds).
- Please allow 4 – 8 weeks for your commission to be completed, depending on the complexity. I try my best to keep all of my customers updated with progress reports. In the event that your commission will take longer than 8 weeks, I will contact you with a new estimated date of completion.
- I do not accept responsibility of the general deterioration of a garment once the customer has received it. I can only advise washing instructions and am in no way responsible for the personal use of the garment once received.
- I accept payment via PayPal or bank transfer, or if required I can set you up a custom listing on my Etsy store. PayPal payments are by invoice only. Bank transfers will be receipted.
- I am happy to arrange payment plans for any commissions amounting to over £150. Please get in touch for more information and to set up a plan.
- Once a payment plan is in place, it must be adhered to and payments made regularly and on time. If they are not, I reserve the right to cancel your order.
- I send all my UK orders using Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. Although this is a costly service it insures full tracking and insurance up to £500 which means, should your order get lost in the mail, then it is eligible for full compensation and I will endeavour to help you with any claim. However, a refund will not be issued for any missing orders until the compensation claim has been completed. I am a small business and use the money I make to live off and therefore, sometimes do not have the means to refund an order immediately.
- I will send smaller orders (blouses, trousers) using Royal Mail First Class Recorded if requested, but please note this method does not offer full insurance and should your order go missing I will not be able to issue a full refund, but refund you only to the amount of the insurance on this service. Again, this will only be once the compensation claim has been completed.
- All international orders are sent using a tracked and signed service. Again, a costly service, but fully recommended as it provides full tracking and insurance on your order.
- If you wish to cancel a pre-booked commission before any payment has been made, please contact me as soon as possible, so that I can offer the slot to another customer. If you would like to reschedule your commission, the first available slot will be offered to you, but please note that this could be months down the line from your original slot. If there are no spaces available, you can ask to be placed on my waiting list.
- If you wish to cancel a commission after paying your 50% deposit, you must do so within 24 hours of making the payment. After this 24-hour period, if I do not hear from you, I will assume that you are happy to go ahead and I will purchase your materials. Once the materials are purchased, your deposit is non-refundable.
- If you wish to cancel a commission after paying the full amount, you will incur a charge for any work carried out on top of the deposit amount. The rest of the remaining balance will be refunded back to you within 48 hours.
Returns and Refunds
- Due to the bespoke nature of commission garments, I am unable to offer them for resale, therefore I do not accept returns or issue refunds on commissions, unless proven faulty. I cannot offer refunds where incorrect measurements have been provided by the customer.
- I will happily alter faulty items within reason, and replace buttons, zips or linings for a small fee, should these show fault within 30 days of receiving your order. You should endeavour to contact me as soon as possible after receiving your order to notify me of any faults, as after 30 days I no longer offer these services.
- However, if you are still unhappy with your commission and we’ve not been able to reach a solution, or the fault is beyond repair, I will credit you the full amount of your order to use against another commission. I cannot offer refunds, as aforementioned, I am a small business and use the money I make to live off.
- I will accept returns and issue refunds on ready-made (ready to wear) items. I ask that any items being returned to me are posted using a recorded service and in the condition they were when I sent them, unworn and with the tags still in place.